Applewood Smoked Bacon Stuffed Cheeseburger
Chef Nino’s July 2017 Cooking Class
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 bottle of beer
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 strips crisp cooked Applewood smoked bacon, crumbled
- 4 French bread style rolls
- 4 slices fresh tomatoes
- Cube the cheddar cheese. Place cubes in food processor and process until smooth. Add Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Process until blended. Add the beer, a small amount at a time, until mixture is of spreading consistency. Stir in 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cooked bacon. Pulse food processor for an additional 10 seconds.
- Dived ground beef and form into 8 very thin patties. Drop 2 ounces of beer in the center of each patty. Sprinkle remainder seasoning on top of burgers. Use fingers to spread and flatten cheese. Top with 4 remaining patties and press together to seal in filling.
- Grill on high heat for 4 1/2 minutes per side.
- Place on rolls, top with mayonnaise and tomatoes.