Leftover Turkey Chili
- 2 pounds leftover turkey shredded
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannelloni beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (l6 ounce) container Guidrys Fresh Cut blend
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped serrano or Jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beer (Heineken, Abita Amber or your choice)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Garnish optional: shredded cheese and diced peppers
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil a large stock pot over medium- high heat.
- Add Guidry’s seasoning blend and shredded turkey. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cannelloni beans, spicy chili beans, bacon bits and tomato paste. Stir to mix together.
- Add diced tomatoes, chile peppers, bouillon cubes, beer and water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika. Stir to blend.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.