- 3-4 dozen fresh Gulf blue crabs
- 1 (4.5-pound) container Zatarain’s Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil, Sack Size
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Zatarain’s Concentrated Shrimp and Crab Boil
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 1 bag small red potatoes, about 3 pounds
- 3 pounds yellow onions, halved
- 6 lemons, halved
- 8 ears frozen mini corn on the cob or 3 fresh ears corn, cut into thirds
- 1 ½ pounds Rouses smoked sausage, cut in chunks
- 1-2 large bags ice
- 80-quart boiling pot
Fill boiling pot half way with water Add the crab boil and hot sauce. Place lid on the pot and set propane burner on high. Bring water to a rolling boil. Continue boiling 8 minutes. Remove lid and add the crabs, vegetables, lemon and sausage. Replace the lid and bring water back to a rolling boil.
Remove the lid and add the corn and smoked sausage. Replace the lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and shut off the flame. Add ice to the pot to stop the crabs from cooking and help them absorb the seasoning.
Crack a beer and wait while the crabs soak for 10 minutes. Pull the basket out of the water, let drain, and serve.