Dinner for Two
Leave the fuss to us! Find Rouses Meal Kits in our Deli.
Rouses Meal Kits include all of the ingredients for this recipe pre-measured and ready to prepare for a restaurant-quality meal at home.*
*Some ingredients may be necessary “from your pantry”.
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips and seasoned
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 6 ounce Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 16 ounce yellow rice, cooked
- 8 ounce pico de gallo
- 1 avocado
- 4 ounces canola oil
- Slice the garlic in thin pieces and set aside.
- Cut the jalapeño in half; remove the seeds and thinly slice. Set aside.*
- Cut the lime in half. Juice one half and set the liquid aside. Slice the other half int o thin pieces to serve with the Fajitas.
- Heat 2 ounces of the canola oil in a skillet, and sauté the onion, peppers, garlic and desired amount of jalapeño until vegetables are tender but crisp on the exterior.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil, and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes or until no long er pink.
- Add the onion/pepper mix to the skillet with the chicken and combine. Add the lime juice and stir.
- Warm the yellow rice in the microwave for approximately 25 seconds. (Warming time may vary due to differences in microwave strength.)
- Warm the Tortillas in the microwave, and place 1/4 of the chicken/onion/pepper mixture in each.
- Garnish each with cilantro leaves, pico de gallo and Cotija cheese.
- Plate the rice with the fajitas and garnish with lime slices. Slice the avocado and place several slices on each plate.
* Wash hands immediately after handling jalapeño.