Adapted from Skinny Louisiana… in the Slow Cooker
Instant Pot Beans
2 cups of Rouses Fresh Cut Seasoning (onions, bell peppers, celery)
1 1 lb. pkg. dried red beans
2 tbsp. light Cajun Seasoning or Chef Nino’s Make it Mexican
32 oz. low-sodium or unsalted vegetable broth
Optional (cooked sausage, rice, etc)
Add all ingredients. Secure lid. Make sure venting valve is sealed (closed). Press manual function.
Cook on high pressure for 30-40 minutes. When Instant Pot beeps, allow to naturally release. When valve drops, unlock lid, and serve.
5 Instant Pot Tips from Shelly
- Start with a simple recipe – beans – meatballs.
- Practice with recipes that do not require saute.
- 3 most important buttons – keep warm/on button, saute, and manual button
- Make sure to flip SEAL button – if not, the instant pot will not come to pressure.
- Can always add MORE seasoning to the dish when complete.
Shelly Marie Redmond, MS, RD, LDN
Culinary Dietitian, Cookbook Author, Speaker, Spokesperson
Founder, Skinny Louisiana