- 1 pound Gulf lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4-6 green onion tops and white parts, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid crab boil
- Crackers, for serving
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onions and parsley. Mix in flour, stirring constantly, until well blended. Lower heat. Gradually stir in half and half, then cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Add sugar, sherry, salt, pepper and crab boil. Fold in crabmeat. Heat through.
- Serve with your choice of crackers.