- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Mississippi blueberries, washed
- Rouses vegetable oil for the pan
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl, reserving the 2 tablespoons of flour. Make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk. Pour the melted butter into the mixture. Starting in the center, whisk everything together, moving towards the outside of the bowl, until all ingredients are incorporated. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Place 2 tablespoons of flour in a small dish. Add 1/2 cup blueberries and toss to coat. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom when folded into the batter.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil to the skillet. Turn heat up to medium-low. Using a measuring cup, ladle 1/3 cup batter into the skillet per pancake.
- Flip pancakes after bubbles appear on the surface and bottoms become brown, about 2 to 4 minutes. Cook until the other sides are lightly browned. Serve warm topped with remaining blueberries and syrup.