Recipe courtesy of The Italian Trade Agency
Risotto with Artichokes
1-pound Arborio Rice Risotto
2 tablespoons Rouses Organic Sicilian Olive Oil
Botticelli Frozen Artichokes (for optimal results thaw in fridge the night before)
5 cups of vegetable stock
½ cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus extra for serving
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large pot, heat stock and keep it at a steamy simmer
- Meanwhile, warm up another saucepan over medium heat without any oil/fat. Add the Arborio Rice Risotto to the saucepan and stir using a wooden spoon to coat each grain.
- After 1-2 minutes, when the rice turns light golden brown, turn the heat up to high and add the dry white wine. Let it reduce and turn the heat down to medium heat.
- Cook the rice by adding the simmering broth one ladle at a time and always waiting for the broth to be absorbed, before adding the next ladle. During this process stir very often.
- Meanwhile, heat the Rouses Organic Sicilian Olive Oil in a seperate large sauté pan over medium heat, add Botticelli Frozen Artichokes and cook them for 10-12 minutes, until soft.
- When the risotto has cooked for about 15 minutes, add the artichokes to risotto pan and continue cooking by adding the broth one ladle at a time until it’s tender yet firm (about 22 minutes in total).
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and the grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Cover the pan and wait 5 minutes before serving.