rouses test kitchen
- 1 Rouses rotisserie chicken, deboned
- 2 pounds Guidry Fresh Cuts Creole Seasoning Mix
- Rouses Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound Rouses green onion smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized slices
- 4 (32-ounce) Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons Cajun Power® Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound turkey
- 2 duck breasts
- 10 garlic cloves cut finely (or 2 tablespoons chopped garlic)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup Rouses vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rice, cooked per instructions on bag
- Season duck breasts liberally with Rouses Cajun seasoning. Place duck breasts skin side down in cast iron skillet and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes, until fat starts to render. Remove breasts and remove skin from breasts. Return skin to skillet and let simmer for another 10 minutes to render fat, turning occasionally. Remove skin, and pour rendered fat into a cast-iron pot. Add duck breasts and cook for 10 minutes on each side. Remove duck breasts.
- In same skillet place cut sausage and cook for 10 minutes to render juices from sausage. Remove sausage and place rendered oil into cast-iron pot; this should be about 1/4 cup of oil. Add 3/4 cup vegetable oil to duck and sausage oil rendering. When all oil is placed into pot, it should be 1 cup exactly.
- Pour 1 cup of flour into the 1 cup of oil in the cast-iron pot. When the flour and oil start to sizzle, stir constantly for about 30 minutes until a dark, rich, chocolate color is achieved. Add Guidry Fresh Cuts Creole Seasoning and garlic. Stir constantly and brown them together for about 15 minutes.
- After vegetables are browned, add chicken, cut duck breasts, turkey and sausage, and stir for 10 minutes at a simmer. Add Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock and Cajun Power Garlic Sauce. Let boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce to low heat. Add bay leaf and green onions. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Add parsley and season to taste with Rouses Cajun seasoning. Serve over rice.