BBQ Shrimp Sauce
- 16 medium wild-caught Gulf shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (the juice of about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) cubed unsalted butter, slightly softened
- In a large skillet, combine Worcestershire, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning and garlic, and cook over moderately high heat. Reduce the liquid by half, and add the shrimp to poach in the liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. It is important that the butter be soft, but not warm. Butter that is too warm will cause the sauce to separate.
- Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve with French bread for dipping.