- 20-25 pounds fresh wild-caught Gulf shrimp
- 1 (4.5-pound) container Zatarain’s Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil, Sack Size
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Zatarain’s Concentrated Shrimp and Crab Boil
- 1 bag small red potatoes, about 3 pounds
- 3 pounds yellow onions, halved
- 6 lemons, halved
- 8 ears frozen mini corn on the cob
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) whole white button mushrooms
- 1 ½ pounds Rouses smoked sausage, cut in chunks
- 1-2 large bags ice
- 80-quart boiling pot
- Fill an 80-quart boiling pot half way with water. Add all seasonings. Place the lid on the pot and set propane burner on high. Bring water to a rolling boil. Continue boiling for 12 minutes. Remove the lid and add the shrimp, vegetables and sausage. Continue to cook.
- Watch for the first signs of the water approaching a boil (when it is just starting to steam and bubble), then check to see if the shrimp are separating from their shells (if they peel well they are done), then shut off the flame. Really, you’re looking at only about two minutes.
- Immediately add bag of ice to the pot to stop the shrimp from cooking. Over cooking the shrimp will result in the shells sticking to the meat.
- Let shrimp soak for 10 minutes before removing basket from water. Drain and serve.