2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound Rouses green onion sausage, removed from the casing
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large white onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 cans RO-TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, original
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon Cajun Power Garlic Sauce
1 tablespoon Delallo Hot Pepper Garlic Sauce
2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
1 large green cabbage, cored and chopped
1 cup uncooked rice
1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the green onion sausage and ground beef, and cook until browned. Remove and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb extra grease.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan and sauté until browned.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and sausage back to the pan with the onion and bell pepper mixture.
- Next, add the RO-TEL, Tony Chachere’s, Cajun Power Garlic Sauce, Delallo Hot Pepper Garlic Sauce and Kitchen Bouquet to the Dutch oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes to combine the flavors and reduce the sauce.
- Add the cabbage, rice and water to the Dutch oven, and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven and place it in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour before removing from the oven to stir.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly before serving.