Our Sommelier suggests pairing with Bell’Agio, Lambrusco, Emilia-Romagna.
Cacio e Pepe
- 6 ounces linguine noodles
- 1 gallon water
- 1/4 cup salt, kosher
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 3 tablespoons Rouses Sicilian Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil, and add salt.
- Add the linguine, and cook until al dente.
- Drain the linguine, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet. Add the peppercorn, and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta water and simmer.
- Add the linguine and Pecorino Romano.
- Gently stir the pasta to melt the cheese, thickening the sauce.
- Turn off the heat, and add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and gently stir.
- Portion in 2 bowls and enjoy immediately.