Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons Rouses Sicilian Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces tomato paste, canned
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 6 ounces cooked penne pasta
- Heat 2 tablespoons Rouses Sicilian Olive Oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sweat until tender.
- Add the tomato paste, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomato, basil and oregano, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss cooked penne pasta with the sauce, and serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.