The Cajun Spoon's
Jambalaya Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 8 bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound ground meat or shrimp (we used both)
- 2-1/2 cups of water
- 1 box of The Cajun Spoon Jambalaya mix
- 2-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 ounces VELVEETA cheese, cut into 8 squares
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut tops off of bell peppers, and wash and remove seeds. Boil for 10 minutes in large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat and brown ground meat. Once finished, drain and set aside. For shrimp, heat oil and brown for 2-4 minutes until pink.
- Add 1 pound of cooked ground beef (drained), 2-1/2 cups of water, and one box of The Cajun Spoon’s Jambalaya Mix to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and let cook for 22-24 minutes.(If you have a rice cooker add 21/2 cups of water, 1 pound of cooked ground beef, and a box of The Cajun Spoon’s Jambalaya mix to your rice cooker and cook according to the instructions of your cooker.)
- Mix 2 cups of bread crumbs into rice mixture. Fill the bottom of each bell pepper with a spoonful of the rice mixture, then add a cube of VELVEETA cheese and 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce. Fill the remaining pepper with more rice mixture and shrimp and top with 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs. (Optional: Add shredded cheese to bread crumbs for maximum flavor!)
- Place peppers in a cast-iron skillet or shallow baking dish with just enough water to coat the bottom on the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.