Rouse Family Recipe
Nick Acosta’s Frog Legs
- 2-1/2 pounds small frog legs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Rouses Creole Seasoning
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- With kitchen shears, snip the small bone connecting the legs and remove the feet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, oil and egg yolks. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into milk and oil mixtures.
- Sprinkle frog legs with Creole seasoning. Dip each leg in milk-egg mixture and dredge in flour.
- In cast iron pot or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees. Fry frog legs until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer frog legs to paper towels to drain.
- NOTE: We sell already cleaned frog legs in our Seafood Department. If you’re using fresh caught, skin the frogs as if you were peeling off a glove, and soak the legs in cold water for at least two hours.