- 1 head of fresh green cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound diced smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Saute diced ham in olive oil on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add diced onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes
- Add chopped cabbage and 2 tablespoons water and cover with lid. Cook on medium for 15 minutes. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Cover again and lower heat and simmer (10-20 minutes) until tender as desired.