Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
2 tablespoon Rouses olive oil
1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
4 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups water
2, 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
1, 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
4 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine oil, sweet potato, and onion in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook until the onion begins to soften (about 4 minutes) then add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook for about 30 seconds more.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to a soft simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice and increase to a high heat to return to a roaring simmer, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a soft simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Calories: 307; Total Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Sodium: 494 mg; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrates: 51 g; Fiber 14 g; Protein: 12 g