Cranberry sauce is a favorite on the table, and since cranberries are loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber, it makes for a healthy side dish. Making your own cranberry sauce can significantly reduce the added sugars of the canned versions. -Esther, Rouses Dietitian
- 1 pound whole Ocean Spray cranberries
- 1/4 cup Clearly Organic maple syrup or Rouses raw honey
- 2/3 cup 100% orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until the berries burst.
- Stir and remove from heat and let it sit to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools down.