Dairy Hollow House’s Famous Herbal Tea Cooler
- Water (use bottled spring water if your tap water doesn’t taste good)
- 1 box (20 bags) of Red Zinger, Raspberry Zinger, or other hibiscus- and rose hip-based herbal tea (read ingredient list on the box)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen apple juice concentrate, no sugar added, thawed and undiluted
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 4 oranges)
- Sliced rounds of orange
- Sliced half-rounds of lemon and lime
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring 4 cups (1 quart) water to a hard boil. Turn off heat and drop in all 20 tea bags. Let steep until liquid is at room temperature (tea can even steep overnight).
- Fish out the tea bags, squeezing them with clean hands to get every last drop of flavor.
- Stir in the thawed, undiluted apple juice concentrate and fresh orange juice, along with an additional cup of cold water.
- Transfer to a glass pitcher.
- When ready to serve, set out glasses and put a slice each of orange, lemon and lime in each glass, along with a sprig of mint. Then fill glasses with ice. Pour cooler over ice and let stand briefly (cooler is quite concentrated, but the ice dilutes it just right).