Dirty Rice Stuffed Peppers
8 large green bell peppers
5 cups Dirty Rice (see recipe)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the tops off the bell peppers and discard them. Carefully remove the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers, and discard them.
- Fill the bell pepper bottoms with the dirty rice, and place them in a large casserole or baking dish. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole with foil, and bake the peppers for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and melted butter.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and remove foil covering. Sprinkle the bread-crumb mixture evenly across the tops of the peppers.
- Place casserole back in the oven, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and golden.