Fried Green Pepper Rings
- 4 green bell peppers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut peppers into quarter-inch rings, remove seeds. Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- In a medium bowl whisk milk, flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- Dip rings into batter and carefully place in oil; fry 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all rings are fried, adding more oil as needed.