2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
6 stalks asparagus, sliced thin on the bias
2 teaspoons black pepper, finely ground
1 pint oysters, oyster liquor reserved
1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1 pound linquine pasta, cooked
Toasted bread crumbs for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced baby bella mushrooms, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster liquor and heavy cream and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the asparagus and oysters to the reduced sauce, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes to begin cooking the oysters.
- Stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese and stir continuously.
- Toss in the linguine and combine it with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs on top as a garnish.