2 tablespoons canola oil
½ white onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 ounces tomato paste
24-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ bunch parsley, chopped
¼ cup dry sherry
1 pint oysters, oyster liquor reserved
1 pound pasta of choice, cooked
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot over medium heat, and add the onion and bell pepper.
- Cook the vegetables until they’re well caramelized.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, salt, peppers, parsley, sherry and the reserved oyster liquor.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly before adding the oysters.
- Add the oysters and cook for about 5 minutes, then serve over your favorite pasta.
- Garnish with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.