Seven Steaks Étouffée
4 pounds seven steaks or round steaks
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced celery
2 cups diced bell pepper
¼ cup minced garlic
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 quart beef stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
Granulated garlic to taste
- In a 12-inch, cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and sear until golden brown. Remove meat from pan and keep warm.
- Using the same skillet, sauté onions, celery, bell pepper and minced garlic 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are wilted.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return steaks to skillet, and add beef stock and Worcestershire. Bring mixture to a rolling boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer on the stove until tender, around 1½ hours.
- Turn off the heat and add green onions and parsley. Season to taste using salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Serve over boiled rice.