Eat Right with Rouses
Vegan French Onion Soup
2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
2 tablespoons Rouses olive oil
2 cups Rouses fresh cut onion seasoning mix
1 container of unsalted vegetable stock
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
2 slices of vegan sourdough bread
2 slices of vegan cheese (we used Miyokos pepper jack)
- Melt together butter and olive oil in a medium sized pot. Add onions and heat until tender and translucent.
- Add vegetable stock and thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup is done simmering, turn off the heat.
- Using ramekins or oven safe bowls, ladle the soup to divide the soup into 6 servings. Leave at least ½ inch space at the top of the bowl.
- Place the bowls/ramekins on a cookie sheet. Top each serving with bread then cheese on top.
- Set the oven to broil on high about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.