Shelly Marie Redmond’s Skinny Louisiana …in the Kitchen (Pelican Publishing) includes a couple of recipes using Fiber One® cereal to lower the carbohydrate count. It’s an unexpectedly genius idea. For best results use small cauliflower florets, about 1 inch, to get more crunch per bite.
Cajun Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere’s
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- In a food processor, pulse half the panko, cereal and Parmesan until the mixture is finely ground. Pour into a medium bowl. Mix in remaining panko and the Creole seasoning.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Dip cauliflower pieces into egg and then roll in panko mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy. If desired, serve with catsup, ranch dressing, remoulade or another favorite sauce.