Coconut, Key Lime & Curry Baked Chicken Wings
“If you’re watching what you eat, baking or grilling rather than frying cuts down the calories and fat, and a no-oil sauce like this one from Chef Tory McPhail adds flavor without unnecessary calories, fat or sugar.”
—Esther, Rouses Registered Dietitian
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- Chef Tory McPhail’s Coconut, Key Lime & Curry sauce, marinade and dressing (available at all Rouses Markets)
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place salt, cornstarch and baking powder in a large bowl; add wings and toss to coat the skin and break down the proteins within. Spread wings in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set a wire rack inside a large rimmed baking sheet. Transfer wings to prepared rack. Bake wings for 10 minutes to render the fat. Brush with Coconut, Key Lime & Curry sauce. Return baking sheet to oven and cook 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the wings and brush with sauce. Bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes.