- 3-1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound day-old Rouses French bread, torn into medium-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 can (14-ounce) condensed milk for serving
- In a large bowl mix milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add bread and push down into mixture until completely soaked. Let stand for ten minutes to soak up the milk mixture. Add raisins if using them.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown. As soon as bread pudding comes out of the oven pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Serve warm.